Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Knitting Bender


Winter came with a bang and with it my obsession with cozy knitted things has returned. These are my first man mitts. Inside is my attempt at a home made label.

Finally made a pair of mitts for myself. Decided to attach a flower as the colour of the wool made the mitt look harsh. The cuff is a whopping 6 inches in length because the wind is forever blowing up my jacket sleeve. I don't normally go around in head to toe wool but in this pic I had just come in from and hour of shovelling on a very cold day. The green scarf is from last year and always makes me think of my sista when wearing it as she has one in the same colour.
Neck warmer to match the mitts. This is the best model I could find. The pattern is from ravelry and it is called Little christmas Woolies.

A lesson learned. I bought this horrible polyester yarn for Daughter Younger for her first knitting project. She used some of it but then quickly moved on to the real stuff. This is not fun to knit with and my advice would be to get natural fibers. Your daughter will thank you for it. I am now stuck trying to knit up anything in the hopes somebody might like it and liberate it from my home.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the mittens you made us sistas last year. They are a staple in my winter wardrobe. I wish I could knit socks...or mittens...but I'll be forever stuck at scarves. Did not inherit your talent or the patience!

    ReplyDelete