Thursday, August 26, 2010

18 DAYS TILL TREHERNE

5:00 AM: Alarm goes off. Tell myself I am NOT doing a tempo run at this bloody hell hour. Go back to sleep.

7AM: eat same yogurt concoction as yesterday plus a cup of white tea.

7:30AM:Stub my unsplinted toe(JESUS, MARY AND JOSEPH!!!!!!) while opening door for the B man who has just returned from his workout. Decide to remove nail polish from said toe to get a better look. Hey look! The black nail matches the carpet. Go back to reading the mommy running book. Discover that you run more on your toes when going up hills( i used to do hill training, how did I forget this?). I need to buy more splint tape. Treherne is all hills. Remember to bring Advil. If I write it twice it might just happen.


9:00AM-11:30 AM: Splinted up the toe with painting tape and then ran to the gym. Did 1/2 hour tempo run @9:41PPM which is 6.2 on the treadmill setting ( don't laugh) then went back outside post treadmill to run for 1 hr. 20 minutes longer. During that time I had to have a small coffee before the morning slipped away on me. I also had 1 small bag of baked S&V chips and 2 cups gatorade w. 4 Tbsp chia seeds. On the way home I passed a poster of someone offering their services for an exorcism. Drank 2 cups of homo milk (gross!) as soon I got home.

AFTERNOON: 100 sit ups. Out with Sprog #2 and mom. Somehow missed lunch but found an apple to eat. Drank 3 cups of water and had 1 large coffee in a moment of weakness.

SUPPER: 1 1/2 veggie wrap and handful of strawberries and piece of puffed wheat square.


9:30 PM: Joined up with B & N for part of their run for 3.5 miles. Felt light headed part way through and was happy to have a water bottle filled with with Vegn Sport powder in it which was given to us in our race package from last weekend. I found the taste offensive but it did the trick. came home and had the last of zucchini soup. Looking forward to reading and going to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment