Sunday, April 5, 2009

Knitting

I have been on a knitting bender ever since the 10 year old reminded me how to cast on. Totally forgot how much I love to knit... it's like reading a good book that you can't put down till it is finished. I guess things got too busy all those years ago and the desire to knit vanished suddenly half way through knitting a pair of socks (1993). They were red and black with cute designs in them. The thing is when we give up the things that we love to do we sort of lose ourselves in the process. It happens so slowly we don't even notice. Then kids, work, and other pressures start to build up and we find we're too busy (and too tired) to sit and be still doing the things we used to love to do. Last night I stayed up till 3 am to finish a hat. Now I'm making another. I'm having a lot of fun with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment