Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Speaking of Sub Pump Hose...

...I haven't heard our sub pump go off . I should have heard that familiar sound with all this rain over the last few days. I put a pail under the pipe to test it. In the meantime I'm going to decide whether to wait until my husband gets home ( s/b tonight, but that depends on the storm) or figure out what I should do. With him being away most of the time these days I find I'm worrying about things I never paid attention to before. Its a good thing really. One should learn how to manage on their own. Not to say I don't manage... this sort of stuff is his area while I look after other things. Still, I should learn these basic things.
Still no water in the basement.

I checked on our rain barrel situation. The garden hose hole is too narrow so the water has frozen up. I was able to detach it from the sub pump hose. The sub pump hose is wider and water can still pour through. I think I'll do away with the garden hose and get more of the other. In a good downpour the garden hose can't drain fast enough so better to get rid of it for this purpose anyway. So now the water is draining out of the sub pump hose into a bucket, but as it is slow due to being 1/2 ice I won't have to empty it too often.

No comments:

Post a Comment