Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The Adventures of Doing Laundry

My poor guy.  Recently I switched over to using a biodegradable laundry detergent.  I stocked up on the stuff as the store where it is available at is located far from my house.  I realize it is a bit risky stocking up on a product one has never used before but it was recommended by  the people from organic food Co-op from which I recently joined.  "It's made with real essential oils" they said.    Anyway, after a few weeks of laundering his clothes in this stuff my hubby asked me why his clothes smell funny, and not in a good way.  So I bought some biodegradable fabric softener in hopes of hiding the smell.  The problem is that it comes in a tiny bottle and is expensive.  Yesterday  I ran out of the stuff and  after a bit of research learned that 1/2 cup vinegar can be added to the final rinse for a homemade version of fabric softener and it will also remove the detergent smell.  I tried it on 3 loads yesterday and it was great. 

1 comment:

  1. Go figure! That would be my luck too. I hope the vinegar passes the "hubby test". Keep on keepin' on the eco train sista. Good on ya! I LOVE your page, I want to change mine now! the house, very cool for the page...LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete