Thursday, September 29, 2011

An Ecology of Hope



R.I.P. Pierre Dansereau and Wargani Maathai (see last post). I love the optimism they both possessed, in spite of it all ( and in spite of his age!). I confess to feeling rather hopeless in regards to the state of the world these days. I think of my kids and get a sick feeling to think what their world will be like by the time they are my age. I blame this recent pessimistic view on reading two depressing books, These Crazy Times and Stupid to the Last Drop: How Alberta is Bringing Environmental Armageddon To Canada. Then I look around and see examples of greed on a small scale. People who don't give a damn about anyone else but themselves and cannot see the bigger picture because their intelligence is too limited or their greed too big. Those who don't lend a helping hand, those that want only for themselves even though it is not theirs to have. Those that give nothing in return yet want everything. It is such a pathetic sight to witness and on a bad day I wonder if most people are like this even though I know most people aren't.

It is during times like these I want to remember the other people . Those who live on another level. Those that give hope. Those that know the beauty of life on a deeper level. These people are my role models.

I am thankful for my little family. My husband who has a huge heart, who is the most fair person I have ever come across gives me great hope. My children who have helped others on their own accord, without searching for praise, who have returned found objects because they understood it might be greatly missed &/or needed by its rightful owner. It looks like they desire to live true and understand the joy in it. This gives me hope. I have faith in these teenagers, and their friends. I think of my positive friends, those I have chosen carefully to be surrounded by. I aspire to hang on to the positive even when I temporarily lose sight of hope.

1 comment:

  1. Don't lose hope!!!! But I get it. I have to pass on a 'positive' book about AB oil so you can see another side. Balance. And, I was keeping it under wraps because I have a blog addiction (just truly trying to home in on my niche and then weed them out)...but visit my new blog muchlovemuchlove...once it gets going I think it will turn that frown upside down!

    ReplyDelete