Monday, August 30, 2010

14 DAYS TILL TREHERNE

4:30AM: Throw something in crockpot for tonight's dinner and make lunch for family. This is my way of letting them know I love them because mommy isn't going to be home tonight. Eat a handful of strawberries and 2 cups of water. Pack for work and do 100 sit ups.

SOMEWHERE BTWN 4:30AM and 10PM: Drink 4 glasses of water. Get some good news at work. Eat 2 egg wraps, 1/2 cucumber, 1 large 1/2 and 1/2 coffeeat lunch.
Weights at the gym after work.
eat a piece of toast with green beans from the garden and a bit of melted cheese on top, carrots & cherry tomatoes from the garden, followed by an apple crisp the neighbour dropped off ( yum!). Snuck in a super strong cup of decaf with mucho cream.

Ran only 1/2 mile in the rain with Mon night run/drinking group. What can I say, except I was left wanting more. Afterwards drank 1.5 beer and a handful of chips and had a good visit with a bunch of other stinky runners. Talked for a time with a fellow runner, SS who was out running for the first time since his cardiac arrest about a month ago ( while on a run). He told me about how he had no idea there was a problem except his runs had gotten to feeling difficult when they shouldn't have and I knew exactly what he meant. It reminded me of that time 3 years ago. I'm sure I will think back to it come race day. Events that have shaped your life tend to pop up on long runs. It took a long time to get rid of the The Great Fear while running. SS will feel more confident when the time comes when there are many miles separating him from that fateful day. On On.

No comments:

Post a Comment