Friday, July 16, 2010

Mmmmmm Strawberries



It was my first time ever picking strawberries ( except for the wild ones at the lake). As with many things in my life, I got in under the wire just as the U Pick farm was closing its doors for the year. Because of inherent slacker tendencies was unable to research where the organic farms are which is how I wound up here. I am hoping that being a small farm that they use less chemicals than a huge farm would but this question will have to be put on the back burner for now. These strawberries cost $22.50 and packed into 5 large ziplock bags. The experience of picking my own food for the family is priceless. Would have picked more except my legs cramped up ....and then wondered why they felt heavy during a 15 mile run afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment