Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Seedlings

My advice to anyone wanting to make the little newspaper pots to house them in is DON'T. I attempted it twice and only got a flimsy half looking pot. After 1/2 hour of wasted time I went to Superstore and invested $7.00 for a mini greenhouse that holds 24 plants. I bought a load. I don't know yet if it was a waste of money but they pack up nicely and can be re-used next year... so right now it seems like an investment.
I have about 4 weeks to create a raised garden bed before these seeds need to be transplanted. When I say create I really mean find somebody who can build one for cheap.
I just finished planting 144 seedlings into their little greenhouses and now I hope to settle into reading the latest edition of Mother Earth News and pretend I know what I'm doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment