Friday, January 30, 2009

Retreat


The B man took me to his work place 2 hours out of town.  I spent 2 glorious days in a dorm room on campus.  It was my mini retreat and  I had time to  reflect on this new life of ours.  It was an interesting contrast to be surrounded by young adults who are eager to start their career life while I have stepped out of mine to help support my husband's calling.  My mind is no longer absorbed in work details that once was and there is time to dream of a better way of life for us.  I dream of gardening, making our own food, living in a way that uses less energy and raising our children to have a deeper understanding of the world we live in....a world beyond  t.v. and consumerism. 
 It is interesting when you make choices that are led by  your inner spirit.  Things just start falling into place as though to reassure and encourage.


 




No comments:

Post a Comment