Thursday, April 25, 2013
A Year Later
* Sometimes the degree of grief will not be in proportion to the amount of time you spent with the person you knew who died. It is the impact they had on your life that matters.
* Act on your intuition if you think you should reach out to someone. Don't wait.
* Mourn in a way that is meaningful to you. It is a process you have to work through.
* You will be changed forever but it will be ok.
* Believe that you will feel normal again. It might take longer than you expect.
I read a book recently that gave me great comfort. I recommend it for anyone who is wondering about the after life or who is worried about the person they knew who died. As an aside, it may explain some experiences you may have had after the death that are a little on the strange/unexplainable side (there I said it).
The book is called Proof of Heaven: A Neurosurgeon's Journey into the Afterlife by Eben Alexander, M.D.